Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Roommates

Whenever you move into a new living situation, it takes some time to adjust to the quirks of your co-habitants. I'm still getting used to mine-- one of my roommates is always asking me to vaccuum and the other one thinks Ray Romano "gets it."

Sometimes we have dinner together. Here's an excerpt from a recent conversation around the dining room table:

The topic: Tiger Woods.


adrienne: well, he's still a good role model for college students who want to sleep with 14 women.

daniel: I doubt any college guys sleep with 14 women. I never knew any college guys who were into that.

emily: uuuuh, yes college kids are still into that.

daniel: today?!?! even with AIDS??!

emily: uuum, yeah.

daniel: well, if you sleep with one person, it's like you're sleeping with all the people they've slept with.

adrienne: kids today are probably more worried about... what are they called... STSs.

daniel: SDS! students for a democratic society.

emily: [cringe/chuckle/kill me plz]



But, Dan likes Fleet Foxes and Adrienne buys me beer, so I guess I can't complain.

2 comments:

  1. haha. great. I definitely want to hear more from Adrienne and Dan on the blog. Today I got berated by my roommate Rick for screwing up the rice I was cooking, then he proceeded to eat half of it while we fought over what to watch on the TV (Rick thinks the cast of 'The Big Bang Theory' gets it). But then he did the dishes while I lazed on the couch, so I ain't complaining either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pSIts warm enough for jorts today in Austin!

    ReplyDelete