Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Azn Caucazn?



I just ordered a delicious bahn mi sandwich from a food cart across from my work. And couldn't help but notice the description of the French colonization of Vietnam as creating the tastiest sandwich on earth.... Is it wrong to eat bahn mi?! Am I legitimizing white dudz with money and their quest to impose their douche bag-ery ways on the rest of the lowly world? Is this a slippery slope I'm falling down? Will I be dating a d00d in Ed Hardy next week? And shooting mixd cocktail shots at Lanai Rooftop Lounge? (pictured above in all its douchey glory.) I need help Emz....

2 comments:

  1. oh Mollz, sadly at this point, cultural imperialism is the name of the game. and if you can eat it, it's fucking delicious.

    but, it sounds like you're supporting a vietnamese food cart! so that's good! food carts are the tastiest way to support diversity in your community (this sounds like a PSA) and chat with people who moved here from halfway across the world. they always have good stories.

    watch out for those ed hardy bros though... thats the slippery slope you don't wanna side down. (seriously, what is the deal with that? I have never been in the vicinity of ed hardy bros and don't really "get" their personal brand.)

    so, I'd say as long as you weren't one of those french dudes colonizing Vietnam (which I didn't even know anything about before watching Apocalypse Now, wtf) or buying 12 dollar cocktails, you're in the clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, but there are no Vietnamese in the cart. Just hipsters! I gotta do research to see who owns it... Damn this city!

    ReplyDelete