Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Southy recap.

Tryna play ketchup:

These are the l337est pixs I snapped during the 10 day drunkin haze that was Southy By Losin My Mind West. I think their complete lack of composition or technical photographic skillz render them more 'real' than bl0ggers pixz of Southy. These prove we experienced sumthin real during those daze. We'll look back on that week and know.

Reminds me of sumthin my pal HS Thompson said to me on an acid and ether filled road trip through the desert:

History is hard to know...but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happens...You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave...

I'm pretty sure he was talking about our week during Southy.





No comments:

Post a Comment